The Phoenix Suns
Sam Garvin founded Continental Promotions Group (CPG) in 1989 from the trunk of his car using credit cards as seed money and as Chairman and CEO grew it from zero to over $1.2 billion in annual gross revenues by 2005.
Garvin’s experience includes:
- At CPG, Garvin attracted over 500 blue chip marketers worldwide as clients while keeping the company debt-free
- Managing over 1200 employees and contractors worldwide and handling consumer and trade promotions in 26 countries and six languages
- Helping execute promotions worldwide for Sony, Disney, Hewlett Packard, 3Com, Lucent, Avaya, Dell, Symantec, and SKG Dreamworks among others.
- Reagan White House, staff assistant on the Presidential Commission for the German-American Tri-Centennial
- Sales merchandiser for Heinz U.S.A., where he learned the marketing of packaged goods from the ground up
- Vice Chairman, Thunderbird School of Global Management
- Thunderbird School of Global Management, Masters of International Management
- University of Pittsburgh, B.A.